Frequently Ask Questions
- Can these floors be used on carpet?
- How long will it take to receive my board?
Floors usually ship within 2 business days and arrive on your doorstep within 7 business days.
- What are the exact dimensions of the Portable Tap Floor?
The original, Birch, & Ultimate Birch models are 30 inches by 48 inches. They all weigh approximately 20-25lbs.
- How much does each floor cost?
The Original is just $139. The Birch model is $159. The Ultimate Birch model is $229. The White Oak model is $349.
- Where do the floors ship from?
All floors ship from the great state of Washington. This means that shipping to the east coast takes a bit longer than shipping to the west.
- I already owned one of your floors and wish to buy another, are there any discounts available to me?
Yes, my floor upgrade program is a great deal! If it's time for your 2nd floor, email me at Sales@PortableTapFloor.com for details.
- I don't like ordering online, is there another way to order a Portable Tap Floor?
Yes! Call 1-888-464-5356 to order by phone. You can also email Sales@PortableTapFloor.com for specific instructions on how to order by mail.
- Why doesn't the Perfect Portable Tap Floor fold up?
Folding floors run the risk of pinching little fingers (grown up ones too). By keeping the design simple, we have ensured that this floor is safe for children of all ages while still being easily stored under a bed, in a closet, or even in the trunk of your vehicle.
- What is your return policy?
We will replace your portable tap floor if it arrives damaged or is lost in transit. Please review the features of the floor very carefully to ensure that it works for your situation. If there is a problem with your board, please notify Sales@PortableTapFloor.com within 7 days of receiving your shipment and we will make arrangements to rectify the situation up to & including giving a full refund if warranted.
- Do you ship to customers in Canada or other International locations?
Unfortunately, we are only able to ship tap floors to addresses within the continental U.S (the lower 48) due to high international shipping costs & fees. Sorry!
- Can the Portable Tap Floor attach to other floors to create a larger dance area?
This portable floor is not designed to act as an in-home dance studio. Instead, it is intended to create a small practice area that students of tap can use in the garage, in their room, in the living room while watching television, or anywhere else.
- Why is the Portable Tap Floor not made completely of wood?
The foam bottom keeps the board lightweight and makes it easier adults and even kids to quickly pull out and put away. Plus, the vinyl bottom prevents the board from scratching your floors, while also preventing the tap board from shifting and sliding.
- Do you accept bulk orders?
If you need to order 5 or more floors, just email Sales@PortableTapFloor.com to get an estimate. Dance Studios are encouraged to take advantage of this option as it is the most cost effective way to purchase boards for your students. Additional discounts may be available for orders of 10 or more floors!
- I don't live on the ground floor, can I still use the portable tap floor?
Unfortunately, nothing can keep you from disturbing downstairs neighbors with your tap dancing! But this floor is lightweight and easy to transport, allowing you to carry it down to your community's fitness center with ease. The vinyl bottom will reassure maintenance staff that the floor will not damage the flooring in the common areas. We also recommend that you talk to your neighbors about times that your dancing will not disturb them.
- How are the floors shipped?
All orders are shipped via Fedex Ground and usually arrive within 7 business days of being ordered. I also provide tracking info so you'll know when your floor will arrive!
- How can I prevent the wood on the floor from splintering with use? The two things you can do to prevent splintering are:
1. Make sure your tap shoe screws/nails are flush with your taps. If they are sticking out even the slightest bit they will cause "splintering" and damage to the surface.
2. Apply a layer of 1-part, matte finish urethane to the floor. This will provide an additional protective layer that will prevent or stop splintering.